Natalie Rose Dyer completed her PhD in Creative Writing at Melbourne University, Australia (2017). She earned an MFA (2010) with an Australian Postgraduate Award also from The University of Melbourne. Her poetry and essays appear in esteemed literary journals such as Meanjin Quarterly, Australian Poetry, Cordite Poetry Review, Mascara Literary Review, The University of Canberra Vice-chancellors International Poetry Prize Anthologies, The Chiron Review, The Wisconsin Review and more. Natalie recently completed a Residency at the University of Amsterdam. She is currently writing a series of essays on wandering for http://feministajournal.com.
SCHOLARSHIPS & AWARDS
2007 to 2015 Australian Postgraduate Award
Cordite 96: NO THEME IX, for the poem Order of Birds.
Ongoingly/ creative non-fiction essays for Feminista Journal. Chapter one from my new book on wandering in literature, film and art, titled ‘Metamorphic & Fairy Tale Wanderings in England’ recently published. https://feministajournal.com/
Australian Poetry Journal, Volume 9, Number 2, Unyoked Australia.
Palgrave Macmillan monograph The Menstrual Imaginary in Literature: Notes on a Wild Fluidity. Due out late 2020 or early 2021.
2019 University of Canberra Vice Chancellor’s International Poetry Anthology Longlist Finalist (to be published 2020). The Luckiest.
Wisconsin Review, Forthcoming Edition. The Bull Cow.
Chiron Review, Fall edition, 2019. Milk Ink.
Forthcoming Pussy Riot Vs Trump collaborative chapter, in Deleuze edited volume, How to Live an Anti-Fascist Life and Deal with the Pain, with Rosi Braidotti and Rick Dolphijn.
Cordite Literary Review http://cordite.org.au/poetry/suburbia/dressing-for-paradise/
Mascara Review http://mascarareview.com/?s=natalie+rose+dyer
Meanjin Quarterly, Volume 73 Number 3 Spring 2014, p.170-171, The Butcher’s Daughter, Natalie Rose Dyer.
Dazzled, The University of Canberra Vice-Chancellor’s International Poetry Prize, 2014, p.66, Moth Queen at Winter Solstice, Natalie Rose Dyer, ISBN 978-1-74088-402-0
In Red Ink: From Abjection to the Menstrual Imaginary, AAWP Conference proceedings.
Ghostly Red Ink, AAWP Conference proceedings.
- Australasian Association of Writing Programs, 19th Annual Conference, Massey University, Wellington, New Zealand. November 30th 2014, two papers, a theoretical paper and a creative paper taken from my PhD thesis.
- Australasian Association of Writing Programs, 20th Annual Conference, Swinburne University
- Talking Bodies Conference, Chester University, Leeds, April 2017.
- Great Writing Conference, Imperial College, London, July, 2017.
- Creative Bodies, Creative Minds Conference, Graz, Austria, 2018.
- The Deleuze Symposium, Utrecht, The Netherlands, 2018.
- Great Writing Conference, Imperial College, London, June 2018.
- May 2014, Solo Show titled Petal Wonderland at Bokeh Gallery, Daylesford. Rural Victoria.
- April 2009, Group Show titled Trees, trees, trees at Collingwood Gallery, Melbourne. I showed a 90cm by 90cm acrylic, ink, and oil pastel on canvas called ‘I like trees and ponies.’
- May 2009 Group Show titled She loves Life at Smart Artz Gallery, Melbourne. I showed a 90cm by 90cm acrylic, ink and oil pastel on canvas titled ‘Body of a Woman.’
- January 2009, Released EP with my band ‘Natalie Rose and the Pantomime Horse.’
- December 2008, Group Show at Forepaw for 3CR DIY Art Show. I showed the film poetic to my song The Lamenting Wife, which can be viewed at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v21wgz7AJ10
- August 2007, Group Show at RMIT Pit Space Gallery. I showed a 90cm by 90cm acrylic, ink, and oil pastel on canvas called I like trees and ponies. Some of the contributing Melbourne artists included Rose Nolan, Kathy Temin, and Mark Ogge.